Finals are hard.
It’s a time when an entire semester’s worth of information suddenly needs to come back into the forefront of your brain, you’re stressed, you’re not sleeping, and you’re feeling pretty drained. You need something to put some more pep in your step, and what’s better than a hype playlist?
So I compiled the Ultimate Finals Week Hype Playlist, and here are a few of them. You can listen to the full playlist on Spotify here.
- “Starlight Brigade” by TWRP: an electro-pop ballad that tells the story of the Starlight Brigade, a group fighting for justice in space.
- “Mr. Brightside” by the Killers: no one really knows what this song is about, but it’s an absolute up-beat alternative classic.
- “Bye Bye Bye” by *NSYNC: a ’90s throwback that’s both empowering and lit (and who doesn’t love Justin Timberlake?).
- “Dear Maria, Count Me In” by All Time Low: an emo classic about a stripper, and that guitar riff at the beginning will really get ya goin’.
- “Super Bass” by Nicki Minaj: this song aged like fine wine — it went from being really annoying eight years ago when it came out to suddenly being an absolutely energy-filled banger that makes me feel like I can do absolutely anything.
- “Burnin’ Up” by Jonas Brothers: a throwback to 2008, this song is great for reminding you of the simpler times and how hard you went singing it in the shower when you were 10.
- “Pour Some Sugar on Me” by Def Leppard: this is one of those songs that everybody knows, but no one ever talks about because they’re scared of how powerful its hype-ness is.
- “Give Yourself a Try” by the 1975: one of the 1975’s newer songs, it’s weirdly inspirational and the instrumentals are both impressive and poppy in a way that gives off a great sense of hype without being too extra.
- “Sabotage” by Beastie Boys: this song is really just a bunch of yelling but sometimes you need that in your life, ya know?
- “DONTTRUSTME” by 3OH!3: you already know.
Sydney is the managing editor at the Chimes and a senior professional writing & journalism major at Capital University. Some of her favorite things are cold brew, books about dragons, and her cat, Sterling. email@example.com